Thursday, January 5, 2012

One for the Money 1/5/12

One for the Money is the first novel in the Stephanie Plum series. I had often seen the series on the shelves in my local Barnes & Noble's, but didn't think it looked enticing. A friend of mine is an avid reader of the Stephanie Plum series and after much cajoling, and the movie coming out by the same name later this month (which I had also promised K I would go see), I thought I would try out this series...eventually. Luckily for me, my friend got me a copy of the book as one of my Christmas presents for 2011. Wow! Was I wrong about it not looking enticing! It was an excellent read and kept me turning the pages way into the early morning hours!

The characters are definitely individuals and the action is quick and very amusing in sections. In One for the Money, Stephanie Plum is broke and needs a job and takes one with her cousin Vinnie as a bounty hunter. Not knowing anything about the job, Stephanie's on-the-job training is quick, frightening, and funny. The situations she gets herself into are very realistic and the first mystery she solves in the book is almost by accident. Plus, her mentor, Ranger looks and sounds wonderful and oh so sexy; and the other man in her life, Morelli is an equal heart throb. Which one will she choose? I guess I'll just have to keep reading the series to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment