Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cherie Priest, a Writer of Note

Since this is a blog about books, I thought it would be good to blog about some authors/writers who are my favorites as well as their Internet/approachability. The first one that came to mind, for me, was of course Cherie Priest.


Cherie Priest is one of those writers I feel as if I have gotten to know since *before* she got anything published because of Livejournal. She had a journal there and so did I, as did a million other people. 

I had read her journal there for many weeks, perhaps months; her struggles as well as her stories of what she had accomplished in her writing and her adventures in living and life in general were real, because they were what she was going through at the time, and often mirrored much of the general populace, including myself here and there. When Cherie got her work published it was as if a friend had gotten her work published and I simply couldn’t have been happier, unless I had gotten something published of my own, of course.

The first thing published was FOUR AND TWENTY BLACKBIRDS. I highly recommend it, as well as all of her works. Her take on storytelling is unique and her characters come alive. The heroes are heroic despite some flaws they might have and the villains are dastardly and have reasons for the villainy that, at first, you may not comprehend, but later you do and it makes it worse than just because they want someone to pay or they want to take over the world.

Cherie Priest is also a blogger/journal keeper and you can find her journal here. Her Internet presence is just as popular as her works are because, although her private life is indeed private, her work life is shared as you can tell by her journal and word counts.

Sometimes when the words don’t want to flow for me I often think I would like to be her when I grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment