Saturday, July 31, 2010

Magic Bites, by Ilona Andrews Next on the List

Here is the next fare in the reading list.  It was loaned to me by a friend and I am ashamed to say I have had it for quite a while.  It was misplaced and now I have rediscovered it so decided it was now a good time to begin reading it and getting it out of the way before August fully arrived and I got behind on the August reading list.

According to the back of the book Patricia Briggs gave Ms. Andrews a complete thumbs up.  Since I trust Patricia Briggs' novels, why not trust her in her own reading style.  I have read the first couple of pages and I must say they open with intriguing action and the writing voice is strong. 

The main character of Kate Daniels "is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up...magical problems.  But when Kate's guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta's magic circles."  This is straight from the back of the book's blurb. 

Magic Bites is part of a trilogy.  The remaining two books are Magic Burns and Magic Strikes.  As we all know I don't normally read trilogies, but if this one is as good as the first two pages leads me to hope for, I may just be looking up the other two.  First, let's get this one read and we'll see how it goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment